Request a Free Web Scraping Agent
A web scraping agent is a type of robot that automatically navigates and extracts data from a website. Content Grabber is used to develop and run web scraping agents.
A web scraping agent running in Content Grabber
We will develop your first web scraping agent for free. We provide this service while you're trialling our software to help you get started.
We can only offer this service for a single agent on a single website, and the agent is for demonstration purposes only, so it may not follow your exact specifications, and we may decline to develop some functionality if it would take more than a couple of hours to develop. Please use our consulting services if your requirements are complex, or you need us to develop more than one web scraping agent.
Please follow the instructions below and then email your free agent request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A free demo agent is usually delievered within one business day, but it can take longer during busy periods.
Follow These Steps to Get Your Free Web-Scraping Agent
- Provide a start URL. The start URL is a URL to a web page where the agent should start navigating the website, fill out web forms, or extract data.
- Explain exactly what data you want extracted. The best way to provide this information is to attach screenshots of web pages where the content you want is clearly marked. You can use an online tool such as http://prnt.sc to easily take screenshots of web pages.
Please do NOT provide loose instructions such as "extract all data from the website", since that is rarely what is required, unless you want to download a copy of the entire website, and in that case you need a Website Downloader, not Content Grabber.
- Tell us in which file format you want the data (Excel, CSV or XML).
You can change the export target to a database later, but since we don't have access to your database, we can't make that configuration for you. Scheduling must be configured on the computer where the agent is run, so you must also configure that by yourself if you need the agent scheduled.
- Send the information above to email@example.com. We will get back to you with the agent and a sample data extract, usually within one business day.
- If you have not already done so, download and install the trial version of Content Grabber.
- The agent file we will send to you is an exported agent, and you can import the agent into Content Grabber by double clicking on the agent file, or by selecting Import Agent from the Content Grabber File menu.
- Go ahead and run your new agent from the Content Grabber Run menu. Notice: if you're using a trial version of Content Grabber, the agent will stop after 100 page loads.