Self-Contained Agent Example
Self-contained web scraping agents can run on most Windows computers without any software or license dependencies.
To demonstrate self-contained agents we've developed a simple agent that extracts basic contact information from yellowpages.com. You can run this agent without first installing the Content Grabber software, and you can extract as much data as you like without a Content Grabber license. You can download the agent below.
User interface of a self-contained agent.
Download Agent Example
Download the Yellowpages USA agent example from the link below.
Notice: The password for this agent is yellow.
Important: This agent is for demonstration purposes only. Don't use this agent to download large quantities of data without permission from the website owner, and please respect the terms and conditions of all target websites.
Please make sure you meet these system requirements before installing the self-contained agent.
- Windows 7/8/10/2008R2/2012/2012R2
- .NET v4.5 (standard with latest version of Windows)
The Self-contained agent must be allowed to access the Internet.
The self-contained agent doesn't support some specialized proxy configurations. These configurations are often used in highly protected internal networks with restricted access to the Internet.
The self-contained agent is only supported on Windows. You can run the agent on a Mac by using a Windows emulator such as Parallels. You cannot run the agent on Linux.
End User License agreement (EULA)
By using this self-contained agent you are accessing the yellowpages.com website and are subject to the terms and conditions of that website.
How to the Install the Self-Contained Agent
- Download the self-contained agent from the link above.
- Double click on the yellowpagesUSA.exe file.
- The user interface of the self-contained agent will open. Now enter the password yellow, and you can start using the agent.
- A configuration folder will be created in the same folder as the yellowpagesUSA.exe file. This folder contains configuration details and extracted data will also be written to this folder.
How to Uninstall the Self-Contained Agent
- Delete the yellowpagesUSA.exe file.
- Delete the yellowpagesUSA configuration folder that was created in the same folder as the yellowpagesUSA.exe file.