We will try our best to provide you with excellent support, but we get a large quantity of support enquiries so please read below before requesting support.
- Please email all support inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have a Content Grabber account with active support, or an active trial account. You must send enquiries from the email address associated with your Content Grabber account. Inquiries sent from other email addresses will be rejected.
- We don't provide phone support. Our phone is answered by sales staff that have a good understanding of the software and web scraping in general, but they are not technical staff that can help you with technical issues regarding the software or web scraping techniques in general.
- Free support is limited to bug reports, product feature enquiries and helping you with isolated issues in your agents. Unfortunately, we cannot provide training, or create and maintain your agents on an ongoing basis. If you require additional services please use our consulting services.
- Please export your agent and attach the exported agent file if you are reporting a bug related to one of your agents. You can export your agents from the File menu in Content Grabber.
- Support enquiries are normally answered within 1 business day, but during very busy periods it may take longer.
Standard Support Limitations
Our software does not restrict the number of web scraping agents you can build, and we have customers with hundreds of active agents. If we had to help develop and maintain all those agents, we would need to dedicate a full time employee to just a single customer in some instances, and we simply cannot run a viable business that way. If you want us to help you develop or maintain data extraction agents on an ongoing basis, we will need to charge for the service.
Web scraping can be an extremely difficult task on some websites, even for us. If you have none or very little web scraping experience, you will not be able to extract data from all websites without assistance. We can provide you with the following level of assistance:
- Bug reports. Please attach your data extraction agent when reporting a bug.
- Feature enquiries. You can ask questions such as "What does this option do?" or "Can Content Grabber do this?".
- Isolated issues with a website. Please attach an agent that illustrates a problem you have with an isolated area of a website. For example, you may have a Pagination command that doesn't seem to work correctly on a website. If your project is complex, please create a new agent that only deals with this isolated area of the website.
- We must be able to run your agent locally if you want us to help you, and we do not create user accounts on a website to try and replicate a problem you have, so you must be willing to send us your agent with included account details.
- We do not support your back-end systems including databases, even when they are used in conjunction with Content Grabber.
- We provide very limited support for Scripts and API integration. You need to be a competent programmer to use these features, and we don't provide general programming assistence. We only support documented features of the API. You may be able to access undocumented features intended for internal use only, and you are allowed to do so, but we will not support this functionality, and this functionality may change or disappear without notice in future versions.